Skip to content

Farmers Need to Report Damage

Sept. 23, 2018

Farmers Need to Report Damage

Farmers in Chesterfield County need to report storm-related losses by Sept. 28 to be included in the first round of funding, according to a representative with the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service.

The United State Department of Agriculture is partnering with Clemson Extension to conduct initial damage assessments.

Once the county reaches a threshold of damaged acres, farmers should qualify for certain USDA disaster programs.

The USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service will also be taking applications for potential financial assistance.

Staff at the Chesterfield USDA Service Center, located at 106 Scotch Road, can help farmers with the signup process and will be on hand to help inspect and document damages at each site. Appointments can be made by calling (843) 623-2185.

More information will be posted to Breaking News as details become available.

Read the full account in the Sept. 26 issue of The Link.

Leave a Comment